{Stus-List} Instruments

Gary Nylander gnylander at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 15 14:37:21 EDT 2009

I race on a J-24 with Tacktick. It is pretty nice to not have the
connections. The displays have two items on each and you can have as many as
you want, wherever you want. If you get the whole deal, you have more
information than you can possibly digest. The whole deal includes the
compass, wind, depth and speed sensors - the wind is wireless and the
displays are wireless and I think the compass is too, but I don't know for
sure. You can get true wind speed and direction, apparent the same and wind
functions without the compass. If you have a gps, you can hook it in and get
a bunch more, like vmg. We take one of the displays off the mast and put it
on the bulkhead for downwind, to get apparent wind where I can see it (I
drive). It is very convenient to not have them hardwired. We have even moved
them from side to side when tacking.... the owner got two extra mounting
plates...

Gary