{Stus-List} Instruments

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 15 15:26:25 EDT 2009

I replaced my old B&G instruments with Raymarine ST60 Plus value pack for
speed, depth and wind from the Binnacle.  I know the newer (ST 70) Raymarine
gear is NEMA 2000 compatible while the ST 60 gear is NEMA 0183 but I wanted
to get instruments that had been out for a longer time so that actual user
reviews were available.  So far they are working nice but I just launched
last week.  I like the size of the numbers on the displays (big and bold),
except for apparent wind speed which is a tiny display in the middle of the
wind direction instrument.  I also added an ST 60 graphic display, located
below at the Nav station and with it I get all the data from all my
Raymarine instruments and some additional data that the graphic unit
computes based on that data.  I will also daisy chain my Raymarine wheel
pilot to the graphic display so that I can have heading and rudder angle at
the Nav station too.

Dwight Veinot
1974 C&C 35, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS