{Stus-List} Decal problem

Walt Dickie waltd at crresearch.com
Mon Jun 15 16:15:49 EDT 2009

On the scale of early season boat issues this is as minor as they get.
I have a decal of a barking dog on the transom that began to peel
slightly over the winter.  About an inch of the top left corner is
peeled back and curling away from the fiberglass.  The rest of the decal
is fine, but I'm guessing I'll have to replace it next season.

But I'd like to sneak through this season if I can. Can anyone suggest a
method of re-gluing a decal without ruining (I imagine some chemical
reaction eating away the decal), staining the fiberglass (an indelible
dark spot under the "repair"), or making it impossible to remove (after
I remove the rest I have the top left corner permanently bonded to the
gelcoat).

Walt Dickie
C&C 110 Hull #97
Bark!