{Stus-List} Instruments

Pete Shelquist Pete.Shelquist at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 11:49:14 EDT 2009

Bill -

FWIW, about 5 yrs ago I did a number of distance races on a boat with
Tacktic.  Every time a storm rolled by all displays would go blank.  The
owner is a pretty serious racer and the instruments were gone the next
season.  The boat now has B&G.

I'm in the same spot you are in looking for instruments and the timing to
purchase.  Keep us informed on what you're finding.  The more research I do,
the more I like Garmin (wind VMG, barometer, tru/apparent wind/boat speed,
Per Panbo: decent graphics/trends and bright displays, also nmea 2000).
It'd be nice to know someone that has actually used it.