{Stus-List} Canvas maker recommendations

Roger Ware ware at qed.econ.queensu.ca
Thu Jun 18 07:14:20 EDT 2009

I wonder if the Lake Ontario sailors on this list have a solid
recommendation for a canvas maker in the Kingston-Toronto general area. I
would even go south of the border if I thought the product was worth it.  I
need a new dodger + awning, wheel cover, furling headsail cover. Here are my
impressions of the people I already know about:

Quinte canvas Kingston:  very willing and works to a timeline, but strictly
mediocre quality. Lost interest somewhat when he cut large holes (for lazy
jacks) in the top of my $600 mainsail cover.

Genco Toronto: tons of experience, nice designs, has a bit of a mass
produced look, but might be the best choice.

Island Canvas Toronto: I have heard some good things, but owner refuses to
return phone calls, and only grudgingly answers emails. I have never seen
any of their work.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Roger Ware