{Stus-List} Buying a Boat out of State

Wally Bryant wal at wbryant.com
Fri Jun 19 22:00:27 EDT 2009

Don't get me started.... (actually, I thought it just went up to
8.75%)

Folks who leave the country have a dickens of a time convincing
the government that they've really left, since there's no new
address on record.  I've heard stories of California counties
placing a tax lien on a vessel, despite documentation from the
owner that it really is in Mexico.  So I've legally changed my
residency to Florida.

Heck, one year three different counties came after me for
property taxes.  It's only going to get worse, since California
is broker than broke.

Wal