{Stus-List} New sail - too short in luff length

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 21 13:51:08 EDT 2009

I'd hold out for the sail per the right measurements. I'd also
remeasure to make sure the numbers are right. There is a possibility
that you were sent a sail they already had in stock in hopes that you
might accept it. Every sailmaker has sails that were cut wrong or did
not work for some reason or other and will dispose of them at cut rate
prices.

One option that you did not mention is; if you are willing to accept
the sail in lieu of a new one, ask for a rebate. I'd suggest at least
25% as a starting point.

Good luck and stick to your guns. It's your money, your boat and their
mistake. Let us know how it works out, and, good or bad, the
sailmaker's name.

Rich

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38