{Stus-List} Engine vibration and RPM fixed

cscheaffer at comcast.net cscheaffer at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 23:09:25 EDT 2009

Epic day!  Fathers Day, raining when we started for the boat.  Arrived at the boat an hour later to grey skys, threatening clouds and light winds.  Wearing sweatshirts Son helped me get the sails on.  Wife brought lunch and we all went for a sail.  1st time since October.  Only sailboat on the Cohansey River due to the threatening weather.  Wind got to 10 to 15 with some15 to 20 periods above that, squally, shifty, so we had to play the traveller and release the mainsheet often to keep her from burying the rail.  Wife got tired of the excessive healing so we rolled up the genoa and sailed around with just the main.  We had a few hard jibes and a pin in my mainsheet's snapschackle failed so the mainsheet purchase went out of the boat while we were sailing downwind and I was on the cell phone asking a friend about the tides.  Oops, gotta go.  Had to steer her upwind to get the boom back aboard, start engine, to tie the lower block to the traveller car.  Added vang to flatten the main and sailed like a Laser for another hour.  Great fun.

Chuck