{Stus-List} Neat PFD light

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 22:12:40 EDT 2009

I was wandering around Bass Pro Shop tonight and found a really neat light to attach to a PFD.  It's a Guardian LED Light by Fox 40 (also search "Adventure Lights").  It was $15US.  See:

http://shopping.msn.com/specs/guardian-led-light-with-fox-40-micro/itemid1071372733/?itemtext=itemname:guardian-led-light-with-fox-40-micro

It's a strobe or a steady light.  You have to unscrew the lens and flip the battery over to change function.  That's a bit impractical if you are overboard.  The light claims to be visible for 3 miles and last for 250 hours in strobe mode and is waterproof to 100 feet.  I admit, it's pretty bright here in the house.

I have a couple of the ACR PFD lights and ACR strobe.  Those each have burn times of only 8 hours and a visible range of only 2 miles.  This Fox 40 light is much lighter and less bulky than either of the ACR's.  I'm inclined to switch over to the Fox 40.