{Stus-List} Anchor rode buoy/marker? - crowded anchorage

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 23 01:36:56 EDT 2009

Dennis: Have you got a PFD strobe or light handy? Tape it to the
orange fender you have and put a weight on the bottom to keep the
light up.

Rich.

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38
Halifax, NS.

On 22-Jun-09, at 11:33 PM, Dennis C. wrote:

Couple weeks ago we were anchored in a crowded, busy anchorage.  There
are PWC and catamaran rental concessions nearby so there were a lot of
inexperienced boaters around.

I had a small red float (4-5 inch long) on a line attached to my
anchor rode with a springhook.  An idiot in a pontoon boat actually
straddled my anchor rode marker!  I now have one of those orange round
15" Taylor Made fenders for marking my rode.  It will double as a
fender when needed.

We are planning to anchor in that same anchorage to watch the
fireworks on the Fourth of July.  Having done it last year, I expect
there will be more idiots and more boat drivers under the influence
that evening/night.  I would like to mark my rode with some sort of
floating light.  I saw some of the lights show below at a discount
store for $10 US Saturday.

<http://www.bigalsonline.com/StoreCatalog/ctl3684/cp19200/si3568928/cl1/supreme_43_floating_solar_light__red?&query=floating+solar+light&queryType=0&hits=12&offset=

Anybody seen any better options?

CnC-List at cnc-list.com