{Stus-List} tethers

Colin Kilgour ckilgour at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 23 09:14:54 EDT 2009

Snap shackle is important for quick release.

I use a double that has both a long and short connection.  In practice
though, I rarely use the short one and it gets in the way.

You can also get ones that have a 'child proof' clip so you don't become
disconnected accidentally.  I s'pose that's safer but I think it's a PITA.
(And if it's a PITA, you won't clip in... so you lose the added safety
benefit)

There's also the elastic ones.  I guess those are cool, but it seems like a
lot of extra money for a marginal benefit.

In the cockpit, have a single clip in point at the helm and two points
forward of the wheel that you can string a jack line between.

Cheers,
Colin

  _____