{Stus-List} tethers

Frederick G Street fred at postaudio.net
Tue Jun 23 11:49:33 EDT 2009

I've sailed Lake Superior for over a dozen years now, in all sorts of
weather.  Our usual sailing grounds are the Apostle Islands, where the
waters are pretty protected, and actually get swimmable-warm during
the summer.  But the average water temperature in the lake, year-
round, is 40 deg F.  If you go overboard, you literally have a matter
of minutes (or even seconds) before you won't be able to move; so I
wear a tether to an inflatable with harness any time I'm on deck by
myself during the day, and always at night.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis