{Stus-List} Anchor rode buoy/marker? - crowded anchorage

Wally Bryant wal at wbryant.com
Tue Jun 23 20:21:19 EDT 2009

Re: solar light brightness and longevity

I purchased two of these cute things:
<http://www.gardeners.com/Solar-Star-Light/36-970,default,pd.html

Which is a huge hit with passersby.  I think in the future it'll
also be a nice way to find the boat at night.

I noticed that the battery was a cheap Ni-Cad and didn't last
long, so I replaced it with a good NiMH battery, and it shone
twice as bright and lasted all night long.  (Oh, to be 18
again...)

I don't know if this applies to the floating light, but if the
battery can be replaced I'd put in one of those Hybrid Ni-MH
batteries right off the bat.

Wal

- - -
www.wbryant.com
C&C Landfall 38 #90

You wrote:
> My experience with "solar lights" for home and garden;  or in
> this cae a pond??????  Is that they do not give off much
> light and seem "subdued"....however, you might just want to
> pick one up and try it, if it doesn't work, read the return
policy....