{Stus-List} Anchor rode buoy/marker? - crowded anchorage

Sam Salter samsalter at netkaster.ca
Wed Jun 24 10:20:49 EDT 2009

On a similar vein;

when I was in the BVI's last December it was almost impossible to find
our boat out of the 20 or 30 moored in any bay on any night. Motoring
back in the dingy (...after a few gin & tonics - I'm a Brit; it's
traditional!) everyone had one anchor light at the top of the mast and
all the boats looked the same in the pitch black. After a couple of
nights motoring around the moored boats trying to find ours I started to
leave the running lights on. Big improvement; although perhaps not
kosher! When leaving the bar, the only boat with red & green was ours!

Sam Salter
C&C 26  Liquorice
Ghost Lake  Alberta