{Stus-List} Roche Harbour, San Juans. New Canadian chart 3313

Russ & Melody russmel at telus.net
Wed Jun 24 13:32:07 EDT 2009

Hi Patrick,

I saw a few boats sail into Spieden Channel, near the beginning of the ebb,
on the last leg of the Van Isle 360. They almost caught us at East Point so
obviously not bad conditions for sailing.

I suggest the first few transits be planned around Haro Straight's slack
and if you get hung up on a foul current just motor through it (should be
much less than a few miles).

         Cheers, Russ