{Stus-List} Quantum Fusion + Toronto

Arthur Langley arthur_langley at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:27:16 EDT 2009

Greg Bratkiw (pronounced bratkew) is the alpha dog at what may be . . . WAS
the Quantum Toronto loft.

Heard today that Toronto and most of the non-corporate Quantum lofts . . .
i.e. the independently owned "affiliate" lofts have decided to split from
the "corporate" lofts . . . i.e. those owned directly by Doug DeVos and his
minority partners.

If you don't know, the DeVos family own AMWAY and co-founder Richard DeVos'
sons Dick and Doug have been in big boat sailing since there were boys in
the early 70's on a bunch of family owned boats, several being custom C&Cs
(a 43 & a 50), named  WINDQUEST .

Anyway, it seems the independent "affiliates" have too long felt they were
being charged too much for the "privilege" of being a Quantum loft.

Sounds a bit like of a revisit to how Larry Leonard started Quantum in '96
after splitting from being a Sobstad "affiliate" loft for years in Annapolis
MD. Leonard was squeezed out of Quantum in '06 after selling control to Doug
DeVos.

Arthur Langley
BEAR AWAY V  /  BEAR AWAY VI
Brunswick ME    Toronto ON