{Stus-List} Nexus system - VMG vs WCV - report

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 29 09:45:10 CDT 2009

So is it using the compass for boat heading or for apparent wind
direction.as I understand it the only inputs required to calculate VMG
(wind), are apparent wind speed, apparent wind direction and boat speed.is
that what your test concluded for the Nexus system?  My raymarine st 60
system gives apparent wind direction without reference to any compass and
the graphic display unit for the raymarine st 60 system calculates VMG wind
from those 3 variables and does not require any other compass input

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

  _____