{Stus-List} Nexus system - VMG vs WCV - report

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 29 11:17:08 CDT 2009

Dennis

VMG (wind) would be helpful in determining the optimum point of sail when
going to weather but do you know if it is useful to determine the optimum
jibe angle when sailing downwind.  I haven't checked that out yet with my
instruments which are new to me this year but I would expect something like
a minus number and that  larger negative numbers would be faster?  Is
VMG(wind) a shortened way of saying VMG to windward.  Do you know what the
Nexus system outputs for VMG wind on a downwind jibe?

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

  _____