{Stus-List} Removal of A&H Hatch

Colin Kilgour ckilgour at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 29 12:14:14 CDT 2009

They SHOULD just be held in with screws and bedded with butyl or silicone
but who knows what PO's may have done.

Once you've got them off (and cleaned up any damage that happens in the
process) the way to put them back on is to lay the hatch upside down and
fill the 'channel' in the frame with silicone (not adhesive) until it's a
wee bit proud of the frame.  Then flip it over, screw it down, wipe up the
mess and you're done.

When I rebedded my hatches this spring, I averaged a little more than one
tube of silicone per hatch (2 x 20 inch and 2 x 24 inch) so plan
accordingly.

Cheers,
Colin

  _____