{Stus-List} Luff too Short - update

Dave Ryan dryan at buckeye-express.com
Tue Jun 30 15:01:07 CDT 2009

Rod;
Sounds like you pretty much have a deal you can live with all lined up.
If he can consult with the boss and get an OK for a 30% discount on the main, he'll probably be able to absorb the extra 10% and give you the full 40% discount you want on a new main.
He'll be able to tell the company that not only did he satisfy a customer with a screwed up sail, but he sold you a Second sail too!
Everybody saves face.

When he comes back, ask him if it would be better to put the pendant at the head or the foot, or mabye a short pendant on each end? I'm thinking it's better to have the sail up in the air than down lower.  He should be able to tell the best way to do it, and provide the pendants for you (max cost about 5.00 each probably). He'll know he wont have any labor or transportation costs for the jib you have.
Then, press for 45% for the new main and settle for 40%. (Have you checkbook out on your knee or cockpit seat, and when he offers low, put it in your pocket.) Negotiating is fun!

Dave Ryan
C&C 33-1
1975