{Stus-List} Raymarine ST60+ depth

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Jul 4 20:42:55 EDT 2010

Thanks Bill,

You may be right.  I have powered now selectable through 2 different
switches, but I use only one at a time.  One 12 volt supply line goes
straight to the sounder from the switch panel and another 12 volt line is
supplied through the Sea  talk cable from my graphic display (the graphic
display is powered by its own 12 volt line and that line is powered through
a totally different switch on the panel.  I only use one 12 v supply line at
a time but either line works alone and powers all 4 units(depth, speed, wind
and graphic in a Sea Talk loop) and either leaves me with the same problem.
Each of those 12 volt supply lines to the sounder (depending on which I use
to turn the instruments on at the switch panel also power my wind instrument
and knotmeter through the short sea talk cables from the sounder to the wind
instrument and from there to the knotmeter by another short sea talk cable.
So I have one redundant 12 volt supply regardless of which I use to power my
instruments but both lines go through different switches on the same panel.
The wind instrument and knotmeter work flawlessly and always have.

However I will try your suggestion.  I really would like to resolve this
thing so all ideas are worth a try because so far I am baffled.

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

  _____