{Stus-List} window replacement - Plexus experience

Nate Flesness nate at isis.org
Wed Jul 14 12:36:09 EDT 2010

Wow, sounds like a great job.

For the plexus adhesive choice, with no primer, I'm not sure what I could have painted the frame area with - but I'm wondering if I should have evaluated that before doing the job. We taped and taped too, had internal and external plastic dropcloths as well, and had a lot of squeeze out. With Plexus its easier to take the tape and glue off - the sooner you do it - like during the next hour or two - overnight it gets very hard.

A Dremel tool alone would not have left a good enough looking background - I just expected the black Plexus would
cover the various underlying shades - colors it does not now cover ... I'm hoping it might darken with time. This is not about squeezing out - we had a fair amount of adhesive under the ends and you can still readily see through it. The "black" plexus was really a light transparent gray - at least so far.

That said, I love how tight and permanent the Plexus feels - I swear the cabin top feels even stiffer. Just some cosmetics issues to deal with now .... might try your gelcoat approach sometime.

Nate