{Stus-List} C&C 35-3 babystays

Pat Nevitt pnevitt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 16:01:50 EDT 2010

My 29-2 has an adjustable baby stay that normally is shackled to the base of
the mast.  When the wind picks up to over 15 knots I attach it to the deck
forward of the mast and then have a 4:1 purchase series of blocks with the
line led aft through a rope clutch on the cabin top.  It works great this
way.  The only real issue I have with it is the clew of the jib
occassionally gets caught on it while tacking.