{Stus-List} window replacemnt

Brent Driedger brentmd at highspeedcrow.ca
Mon Mar 1 19:49:08 CST 2010

I redid mine using the version of plexus that gives you a longer
working time. It bonded very well. My issues were I did not use enough
to have excess squish out and had to seal the edges with 4200. Make
sure you grind off any gelcoat around the inner window area where the
glue will be sticking. I have to re-do one of mine because the gelcoat
has separated from the cabin trunk.  The air powered gun works well
but the first tube I put in there broke at the nozzle and squeezed out
glue everywhere. The rep didn't charge me for that cartridge
thankfully. The main thing is make sure you have everything ready to
go. For clamping I used pre cut pieces of 3x4s mitered to wedge flush
with the window while pressed against the toerail. Once that was in
place I put a plastic bag full of sand on the 2x4 to hold it in place.
Check out this article for a bit of insight on the procedure.

  http://www.cc27association.com/fixes/windows/windows.html

Brent D
c&c 27mkV
s/v Wild Rover