{Stus-List} Anti corrosion paper?

Rick Brass rickbrass at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 21:23:02 CST 2010

I’m not exactly sure what to call the paper that auto parts like brake shoes and engine parts are packed in. The last brake rotors I bought were in brown paper with a sort of waxy coating.

Whatever it is called, I’d like to buy some. I’m packing up some engine spares  (like alternator, starter, injection pump, and water circulating pump) that will be stored on the boat for cruising. My plan is to lube the parts with a light film of oil, wrap them in the paper, and then either double bag or vacuum bag them before putting them into lockers on the boat. My fear is that if I don’t do something to inhibit the corrosion, the spare parts will be rusted away before original engine parts need replacement.

Can anyone give me a source for the paper, or a suitable alternate?

Rick Brass

Washington, NC