{Stus-List} Window Replacement

Alan Paul allegrasail at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 18:03:34 CST 2010

I have seen several boats here in Southern California with windows that have been screwed in place and most of them are cracked around the screws. I assume it's from thermal expansion or structural movement.  Our range of temperatures is from 40 deg. to about 84 deg. throughout the year with no extremes in either direction.  I suppose the sun gets them much warmer than the ambient temp.
I wouldn't screw or glue the windows. I think the windows need the ability to flex and expand.  If you use screws definitely put them in big holes, maybe with a washer.
Alan Paul
Allegra C&C 37