{Stus-List} Where is the rain water coming in?

Alan Bergen alan-at-home at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 17:29:39 CST 2010

How about the stuffing box?

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

----- Original Message -----
From: kwalters at speakeasy.net
To: cnc-list at cnc-list.com
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:42:59 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: {Stus-List} Where is the rain water coming in?

My ’75 33-1 takes on a fair amount of rain water. I suspect it is coming from the cockpit area because I see signs
that it is passing under the engine on its way to the bilge. I see two possible entry points, the pedestal and
where the rudder stock comes up through the floor for the emergency tiller. The rudder stock comes up through a
stainless steel cover/ring like thing held down by three or four screws to the cockpit floor. There is a gap
between the rudder stock and stainless steel cover/ring. Is there some sort of packing material under this cover
that needs to be replaced? There is no obvious sign of water coming in around the pedestal, but I have seen some
drips around where the rudder goes through the floor.

Ken

CnC-List at cnc-list.com