{Stus-List} Cutlass bearing question

Ken Heaton kenheaton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:38:15 CST 2010

Actually, Stu has a photo of a home made one in the "Do it yourself" section
of the CnC Photo Album at:

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/cutlasstool/cutlass_tool.htm

Unfortunately this one requires removal of the shaft but is is pretty
simple.  Just two different pieces of pipe of the correct diameters, one big
enough that the old cutlass bearing can slip inside it and one just small
enough to fit inside the strut, two washers, two nuts and a piece of
threaded rod.  Or perhaps that is just one larger piece of pipe and the new
cutlass bearing pushing the old one out?