{Stus-List} Cuttless bearing question

Indigo (Jonathan Thomson) indigo at thethomsons.us
Thu Mar 11 15:01:58 CST 2010

I had a similar challenge last year. My yard initially said they would want to drop the rudder at the cutlass bearing was thin-walled and their tool could not be used. I got them to borrow a tool that had been used on my boat many seasons ago at a different yard!  Don't recall the cost, wasn't excessive (2 hrs sounds about right) but the time included removal, greasing of max prop.

Jonathan