{Stus-List} Fuel Gauge Fix - need advice

Steve Thomas sthoma20 at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 17 20:44:21 CDT 2010

 I have always wondered why the conventional sending units in gas tanks
don't cause explosions, what with a sliding contact along a resistive
element. One would think that under some conditions, especially with wear,
that it would cause a spark. An electronic gauge need not draw enough power
to make a spark possible, but the conventional (old fashioned) type draws
enough that a spark ought to be possible.

 Steve Thomas
 C&C 27MKIII