{Stus-List} Jabsco Electric head on sale - reviews?

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu Mar 18 12:46:32 CDT 2010

Nate
I installed a Jabsco electric marine toilet in my boat about half way
through last season and so far I have nothing but good things to say about
it.  I don't find it to be unusually noisy or to require a lot of water per
flush (doesn't really matter because we normally flush with seawater
directly overboard) but nonetheless the volume required seems quite low to
clear the bowl and would definitely not be as much as was required with my
old WC skipper II headmate unit, that would matter when pumping to a holding
tank but the electric unit uses less water anyway.  It does not seem to be a
particular drag on power from the house batteries (2 deep cycle 6 volt golf
cart batteries connected in series) and the electric unit wins hands down
with the ladies and first time users.  I installed a separate valve in the
water intake line which located high inside the cabinet behind the toilet.
I also changed all my sanitary lines at the time and I would certainly
recommend that if those in your boat are old; it was amazing to see how the
inside diameter had been reduced by the solid calcareous type deposits on
the inside walls of the hose, and I believe that that may have contributed
to the failure of my WC unit.  I winterized the unit simply by flushing some
60/40 automotive antifreeze through the unit and leaving some behind in the
bowl.  I don't expect any problems this year but the nay sayers have me a
bit worried.

Dwight Veinot
1974 C&C 35, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS