{Stus-List} Fw: re-bedding handrails on '75 C&C 33

cscheaffer at comcast.net cscheaffer at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 16:38:44 EST 2010

FYI, I saw a minimum maintenance handrail using teak oblong grabrail set into standoffs that were molded into the deck on several designs.  Probably fiberglass layers over whatever core was used in the deck?  The standoffs were part of the deck and the same color while the wooden rails were varnished and added a nice design touch.  The oblong shape, seemed to be made from 1" x 2" teak lumber, flat top and bottom, with rounded edges, seemed easier to keep watertight?  Saw this on an older English singlehander and several Hunters in the boatyard.

Chuck