{Stus-List} Folding or Feathering Prop?

Ron Ander ander at rogers.com
Wed Jan 12 08:49:11 CST 2011

I was earlier convinced that a feathering prop is the right way to go for my
1986 C&C 29 Mk 2.  This week one of the better racers at my club suggested
that I go for the folding prop.  He said that there is less drag and in fact
it worked very well in reverse.  I have been concerned that when going into
reverse under power it takes a while to unfold and grab.

Any suggestions or experiences you can pass on to me would be very helpful.

I don't want to make the same mistake I made when I bought my first V.C.R.,
a Beta Max.  My neighbour and former friend said "You bought the wrong one."

Thanks,

Ron Ander

Etobicoke Yacht Club

Toronto