{Stus-List} Setting a folding prop

jim aridas jaridas5 at msn.com
Thu Jan 13 09:04:55 EST 2011

John,I keep a telescoping boat pole on the shelf in the cockpit locker. Shaft is marked as you have done. With trans in neutral I push on the coupling with the tip of the boat pole on one of the bolts till shaft lined up then who ever is at helm shifts into reverse to lock. Works great. Actually we also do a little gambling fun as well which sometimes gives us the extra bit of luck in the race. With main set I shut off the engine, put in neutral. Moving through the water, as you know, the prop will spin. Then put trans in reverse and look at the shaft. About 40% of the time it locks on the money(mark on top). When it does line up we get extra pumped before the race.Perhaps I should start tracking results vs shaft lining up?Jim1982 34'