{Stus-List} Mainsheet system on C&C 35-III

John and Maryann Read johnpread at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 09:27:27 EST 2011

Tim

Our 34 has mid boom sheeting.  Single Harken 3 sheave blocks on traveler and
boom.  Had to install larger bale on boom when original broke.  Sheet goes
forward to mast then aft to 2 speed winch on cabin roof next to
companionway - I think it is a Barient 22.  Traveler is Harken big boat
series with cam cleats each side.  Works very well.   One crew is dedicated
to trimming main and winch provides more than enough power to trim even if
fully loaded.  All lines hang down below so are out of the way.  That crew
stands in companionway and is out the way of other crew but can easily reach
out a hand to help if needed.  Easy to play traveler going upwind to balance
the rig during puffs.  Interesting to note that from my position on the helm
I can see the boom actually sagging when fully trimmed in a breeze.  The
downside is the helmsman can not easily trim the main
John & Maryann Read

Legacy III
1982 C&C 34
Noank, CT