{Stus-List} Mainsheet system on C&C 35-III

Tom Anderson tom at nonpareilracing.com
Sat Jan 15 20:58:54 CST 2011

Tim, John etc.,

I switched to a Lewmar setup for our mainsheet system  ( see
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/garhauer/traveller.htm) and said bye
bye to running it to a winch several years ago.  Because we have a Garhauer
solid vang, the way we sheet the main I have been told is called vang sheeting
first, ie, we put the vang on tight after getting the main up, then we use the
mainsheet system to trim the main.  This system has worked very well for us for
many years.  My wife can trim main while racing easily up until about 20 knots,
and then we put in a reef and continue on.

BTW, it's interesting that the C&C 34 has the same identical boom as the 32.
 John, you could easily switch to a system like mine.  I'd be happy to send
info on whoich blocks we are using to anyone who needs it.

Oh hell, they are #29901630 Lewmar 60mm ratcheting triple block w/ cam cleat
for 3/8"/10mm line, #29901651 Lewmar 60mm Single VF Block,  #29901652 Lewmar
60mm Double VF Block.

HTH!,

Tom Anderson
C&C 32 Nonpareil