{Stus-List} Diesel engine compartment blower

cscheaffer at comcast.net cscheaffer at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 13:24:49 EST 2011

Sounds like a good idea. I've read a few How-To articles that advise adding fans. A diesel engine starving for air will exhibit symtoms of increased black smoke, loss of higher RPMs, overheating, and increased engine wear.

I started a similar project; added air louvers to our boat's transom, intending to add the hoses and an exhaust fan in near future.

Chuck