{Stus-List} 30-1 headsails

Colin Kilgour charliekilo552 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:01:49 CST 2011

The presence of the pennant changes the angle at which the halyard
enters the mast while at the same time creating some separation
between the headstay and the halyard.  This separation helps to reduce
the risk of wrapping the halyard when you furl.

Of course, you also could put the pennant on the tack rather than the
head, but in the case of a #2 or #3 (high wind sails), most folks
prefer to keep the CE lower rather than higher.

Cheers
Colin

--
Sent from my mobile device