{Stus-List} 35-1 prop strut mounting pad cored?

Don Siddall siddall31 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:50:56 EDT 2011

Hi Dennis:

It's been a number of years since I changed mine, but here are my thoughts,

I'm not sure. but I think it was a plywood core. The original
installation left the strut slightly out of alignment - the reason I
removed it.
To align the strut I used a 1"dowel or a piece of pipe that would snugly
fit the inside of the strut when the cutlass bearing was removed.

I used very large washers, or a metal pad on the inside of the hull
since I could see some indentations from the smaller washers used in the
original installation.

Good luck.

Don