{Stus-List} Stugeron?

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 22:24:22 EDT 2011

The admiral and I have found ginger snaps and ginger ale to be helpful for nausea.  And they taste good, too!

mandeville, LA

>________________________________

couple of years ago from a medical doctor. It’s a couple of items down.

>http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicLat/2006/0206/Feb27/Feb27.html
>
>Bill is absolutely correct that you should be cautious about taking the
powerful medications they manufacture these days, even when they come from
doctors.

>I ended up seriously ill about eight months ago in part because my doctor
didn’t read the fine print on side effects before prescribing some medication.
It turns out that even though the medicine is commonly used, it was the wrong
stuff for me.

>If the Federal Drug Administration hasn’t approved it, that should be a red
flag. The FDA is extremely lenient these days about approving anything the drug
companies develop. If the FDA said, no, I’m sure there are plenty of sad stories
buried in their files about the side effects.

>Try ginger pills. After years of getting seasick, my wife used them to cure
herself on the advice of a friend. They even calm her stomach when we’re out
sailing and it turns rough.

>Jack Brennan
>Shanachie, 1974 Bristol 30
>Former