{Stus-List} C&C 37+ or XL line lengths

Ken Heaton kenheaton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:18:20 EDT 2011

Hi Len,

I haven't measured the luff of my mainsail.  I will some time next week.  I
have the XL version (taller mast, deeper keel than the +).  It doesn't make
enough difference for the halyard so I used the length from the Owner's
Manual Table #3 to order may last replacement main halyard and it is the
right length.

The information for P for the 37/40 that I have is as follows:

37R - P = 48' 5"
37XL - P = 47' 3"
37+ - P = 45' 8"

I'm not sure where I got those numbers originally but they are the numbers
on the factory brochure from 1993:
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochures/37foot/37rb1pg06.htm

I admit, they are a little hard to make out on the brochure.

The Owners Manual lists P = 45.67" in Table # 1 (near the back).  Do you
have the manual?  I can email you a copy if you don't.

Mauri Pro lists P = 45' 7" (1" less), the other numbers are the same:
http://www.mauriprosailing.com/techinfo/boatspecs/Rig%20C.htm

Hope this helps.

Ken H.