{Stus-List} C&C Smile G/flex

Graham Collins gcollins at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed Sep 14 19:14:15 EDT 2011

Hi Dennis
The G-Flex worked quite well, better than regular epoxy since the
surface is vertical.  I brushed G-Flex onto the keel joint, put the tape
on top of that, and went over it with a roller.  I considered vacuum
bagging it but decided it wasn't worth the hassle, plus if the G-Flex
layer between the glass and the keel was a bit thick it would probably
work better anyway.  My objective was to have a layer spanning the joint
that has some flex to it.

One point to your point, that method works well if you re-apply right
away.  If you let the neat epoxy harden you have to wash with water to
get the amine blush off.  Which I did on the keel joint.

 - Graham