Stus-List Newbie : Hull Number

Helen Abbott hka at eastlink.ca
Sat May 19 09:59:04 EDT 2012

On 2012/05/18 6:56 PM, dwight veinot wrote:  "in our most famous race on
corrected time we beat a local who was 1976 soling world champions who
in that race was sailing an etchells 22.. "

Racing against a world soling champion requires 50% boat, 50% crew, and
50% luck.....that race, we were 150%.  Our 50% luck was achieved by
screwing up the start by not knowing the exact time, was at the pin end,
heard the start gun and took off on port tack crossing in front of the
entire starboard-tacked fleet and was the first boat to round the
windward mark.  It was a pretty sweet feeling at the awards ceremony.

Dwight, that day, we definitely sailed your C&C 24 to her numbers.

Bob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.