Stus-List FW: Stanchion Bases drilling weep holes

Alex Giannelia ag at airsensing.com
Mon May 21 13:09:55 EDT 2012

I am re-installing my stanchion bases and notice that they are welded shut at the bottom.  Because this particular design features an offset base where 2 screws go through the deck and 2 screws go into the toe rail, there is about .25" space beneath the SS base and the deck.  When they were removed, both the bottoms of the stanchions and those bases were somewhat rusty inside from stagnant water.  I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up and if they considered drilling weep holes into those bases to allow the water to drain.

Alex CC 35-II