Stus-List Winch handle storage?

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 21:22:40 EDT 2012

I've got the regular winch handle holders/pockets in the cockpit for when we're sailing and using the handles.

I want a better system for storing them when not in use.  Currently, I just drop my winch handles into a bucket in a cockpit locker.  I've got 3-4 of them.  There has to be a better system.

Any neat ideas for a holder, rack, hanger for winch handles that would be easy to put them in and easy to grab them out?

The products below are interesting.  Anybody using any of them?  Opinions?

http://www.sailorssolutions.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=WH01

http://www.sailcare.com/winch-handle-holder.shtml
http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/winches/barton/winch-handle-holder1018955.bhtml

Wonder if a winch handle would lock into a regular wrench socket?  Could just screw 3-4 of them to a bulkhead.  That would cost as much as the purpose made product above.