Stus-List Clean your mast slot before stepping...

Jeff Cole cnclists at sailmasala.com
Tue May 22 20:53:23 EDT 2012

I cleaned my mast track the hard way on Saturday morning.  I climbed up
to the 45 foot level, and hacked away with a screwdriver for several
minutes at the accumulated plant material, mud and other crap, letting
several handfuls of it all drop onto my dear wife who was tailing the
halyard for me.  I think a bird must have tried to build a nest on it
when it was on the hard.

Thanks to a PO who installed permanent steps all the way up, this a
tolerable job, not a cause for divorce.  I once again forgot to take my
camera, so will look for an excuse to go to the masthead next weekend
and take pictures.

But was it ever nice to have a full main!  With maybe 8 knots of breeze,
we beat to windward for a few hours on Saturday afternoon.  Passed and
did a horizon job on a Catalina in just a few tacks in the mile-wide
bay.  The helm balanced so nicely we could practically ignore the wheel.

Sailing a C&C Yachts product can be very satisfying indeed.

Jeff
1979 C&C Landfall 38 "Masala", Wiarton, Ontario