Stus-List Dunked today and takin on water

Joel Aronson joel.aronson at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:23:41 EDT 2012

Tom

Yanmar?  Exhaust/ mixing elbow could be blocked.  Any water coming in
stuffing box while in gear?  Could have two problems. Good luck!

Joel Aronson

On May 24, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Tom Christopher <tchristopher996 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

Listers I need troubleshooting help.

I splashed the boat today.  My summer marina is about 29 miles away.
Everything was going well until about four miles from the dock, the
boat started taking on water .  It went above the floorboards very
quickly.  We managed to control it with the manual gusher pump.

Lifted the boat out and inspected  with no problems found.  It was coming
in quite strongly while underway but stopped once in the marina.

I suspect the exhaust can (correct name please ) or the exhaust hose.   I
ran the engine at 2300 rpm at the dock and inspected the hoses etc.    but
nothing found and no leaks to give away the problem   The exhaust does not
sound normal.  usually has that slug of water type exhaust.   Now has water
draining out but a pure exhaust gas sound with no slugs as normal.

Anything to try to isolate this problem?  Places to buy the hose and or
exhaust can.

*Tom Christopher*
*1988 C&C 30 mk2*
CnC-List at cnc-list.com