Stus-List Great Lakes ... best time?

Frederick G Street fred at postaudio.net
Thu May 31 10:44:09 EDT 2012

The only place on Lake Superior I'd recommend for September would be the Apostle Islands.  Of course, that's about the only are on the lake that has any significant charter operations.  September can be really nice up there, with good weather and warm days.  But Superior has a mind of her own, and if the wind turns northeast any time of year, it can be cold and uncomfortable.  I'd recommend you check with Dick and Cindy Kalow at Superior Charters about charters:

http://www.superiorcharters.com/

They've got the largest charter fleet, with a huge range of older/newer/smaller/larger boats.  They just took delivery of a brand-new 57-foot Jeanneau that a friend of mine might be captaining for crewed charters.  And their service is very good.

If you need more info, let me know.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis