Stus-List {} Launched today! prop shaft

Russ & Melody russmel at telus.net
Mon May 7 22:54:22 EDT 2012

Hi Danny,

For prop removal, get a heavy chuck of steel with a hole in it
slightly bigger than your shaft diameter. Holding the shaft vertical,
prop down, load the chunk onto the shaft and drop it onto the prop.
Jerk the shaft up & down repeatedly (using the chunk o' steel as a
slide hammer) until the prop drops off.
It took less than 30 seconds to do mine when it was "too stuck".
A decent machine shop will lend you the scrap piece to do the job (on site).

When you get delivery of your new shaft, install the coupling half
and take it back to this friendly machine shop and get them to true
any run-out off the face. This is an important part of the re-shaft
(or curing an obstinate vibration problem) project. A quality shop
fabricating a new shaft will insist on this step as part of their supply.

         Cheers, Russ
         Sweet 35 mk-1