Stus-List B&G Instrument Malfunction (Wind Direction)

Graham Collins gcollins at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 11 16:45:45 EDT 2012

Hi Jake
You could talk to these guys: http://www.myleselectronics.com/  - I
would think they can tell you if it can be tested easily.

My ancient B&B wind instrument has a home made metal vane on it, and
still works - we tested it today for the first sail of the season, gusts
 > 25kts.

Ironically, the newest instrument on the boat, a Ray ST60 knot meter,
never frickin' works - every season once the boat is in the water I have
to pull the transducer and give it a spin - despite that the thing spun
freely out of the water.  Riddle me that!!! :-)

cheers
Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-3